Diversity is the art of thinking independently together- Malcom Forbes
A technique we endorse here at Pensaar is Thinking Independently, Together. The objective is to ensure every person in the room has a say and is heard. It recognises the power of diversity and the impact it has on innovation.
- Instead of brainstorming everyone thinks independently and writes down their ideas individually on Post-It notes
- Provide inspirational material from secondary research along the line of thought to trigger ideation
- We additionally use our ideation tools(Biomimicry, Tech Cards, Idea Jackpot etc.) to spark ideation
- Once ideas are noted they are reviewed
- We affinity similar ideas and group them together, no idea gets left behind or judged
- Great ideas are set aside to continue to build on. Seemingly smaller ideas are then grouped together with other smaller ideas to make them stronger.
- We then build on existing ideas using tools like World Cafe to make them more diverse and disruptive